Saturday, July 24, 2010

He put a ring on it...

So last weekend, my Awesome Guy and my Biggest Guy (my oldest son) and I were at the local mall. There was an antique show going on and plus, this mall had a pet store and we wanted to look at the puppies and kitties so we decided to go.

We stopped at a table where the lady who was the dealer had set up row after row of antique rings. She deals with antique jewelry of all kinds, but especially rings and so we spent some time looking.

After taking my Awesome Guy's budget into account, I tried on a few rings. We narrowed it down to two rings: a 19th century rose gold ring that was a delicate wonder and a 1940's gold ring with some serious flash to it.

At that point, I was told to take a walk and so I did, going to look at puppies and kitties and my Awesome Guy and my Biggest Guy made the final decision.

I, of ocurse, didn't know which one they chose. My Biggest Guy had a huge grin on his face the rest of the day. He knew, of course, but he wasn't going to tell me.

Which was fine with me. The ring needed to be resized and so my Awesome Guy would go pick it up sometime this past week.


Instead, she mailed it to him and he being the sweetheart he is, couldn't wait. He proposed to me right then and there and put the ring on my finger. I cried, yes, I did...and said, "yes."

Because my Awesome Guy is so wonderful and I Love him immensely. He's a fellow geek and I'd be stupid to let someone so great walk away...no, I'm not a fool. :)


So now I'm engaged to this wonderful man and his family is great and his mom and dad were so happy for us and our mutual friends are thrilled and all of that cool stuff.


I swear to God, when I changed the relationship status on Facebook, my inbox about imploded with comments from my friends who were squeeeing over the goodness.


So my one thought is: Would it be too much geek goodness to have the Star Wars theme playing as we walked out after being married???



K.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I think the Imperial March should make an appearance as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratz!

    Ooohhh, Star Wars would be far too much fun! If I ever get married though, I'd want the Princess Bride priest's introduction (lisp and all) just because that'd be too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick:

    hah hah! That is under serious consideration.

    Sev:

    Two of my best friends were married and their minister did *exactly* that. It was awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete